Saturday, January 19, 2008

"On-call"

I was at a Give Back Cincinnati meeting the other night with all of the leadership folks. We went to O'Malley's in the Alley afterwards for all the free beer you could drink. Well don't say the words beer and free to me in the same sentence. I was chugging them down like they were going out of style. I'm talking to a group of people, and this one girl (some director) says, "This sucks. I have to drink water." So I told her, "No you don't. There's free beer right over there." She said, "I can't drink. I'm on-call." I said, "Hell I always drink when I'm on-call. It's no big deal. It helps." Then she got all offended and said, "I'm a doctor." Ouch. I think I just said, "Oops," and walked away. Moral of the story is to not encourage people to drink when they're on-call. They might actually have other peoples lives in their hands. Oh yeah, moral #2: don't let Jesse out in public.

2 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger TJ said...

You mean us basis folk don't hold people's lives in our hands every day? Yeah, probably not.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger ROCau said...

Hell, you probably convinced a doctor to start drinking while on-call. Good luck to her patients from now on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home